One Body Therapeutic Massage
Covid-19 Safety Plan
If you have any of the following symptoms please do not schedule an appointment.
- Fever - *Average normal body temperature taken orally is about 37°C.
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat and painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle aches
You will receive a COVID-19 screening through email the day before your appointment through the Jane App booking system that One Body is now using. Please cancel your appointment if you do not pass the BC COVID-19 self assessment tool as well as the Jane App screening. I will go over the BC Covid-19 Symptom Assessment with you when you arrive for your appointment to ensure that nothing has changed.
I am the sole practitioner of One Body Therapeutic Massage. I will be assessing my own health on a daily basis. I will also be completing a self assessment questionnaire daily to ensure that it is completely safe that I practice.
What To Expect At The Clinic:
- As always there will be 30 minutes scheduled between patients for note taking, cleaning, and sanitizing procedures. I ask that you arrive on time for your appointment (5 minutes prior to start time and no earlier). By arriving on time, this reduces the likelihood of patients overlapping in the common areas of the clinic. This also allows for proper cleaning protocols to be administered between patients.
- In the event that times between patients in the clinic overlap, please remember to use safe distancing, allowing at least 2 metres from you and the other person. If it is not possible to keep your distance, please wear your mask into the clinic or wait outside or in your vehicle.
- Due to the nature of massage therapy appointments physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room between the patient and therapist. For this reason we rely on pre-screening, hand washing, and enhanced cleaning to minimize harm.
You are required to wear a mask for the entire duration of your time at the clinic, including in the treatment room. It is difficult to maintain safe distancing in the massage therapy environment between therapist and patient. This requirement has also been mandated by the BC health minister for all indoor spaces. If you have any issues please speak to your RMT prior to booking and arriving to your appointment.
- I will be wearing a medical grade mask throughout our visit and during your treatment. I will also wear an apron that will be changed and laundered between each client.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands upon arrival and before you enter the treatment room. There is alcohol based hand sanitizer located at the bottom of the stairs on your way into the clinic. You may also head down the hallway and wash your hands with warm soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Please refrain from touching of any surfaces and avoid touching your face.
- Please use proper mask donning and doffing procedures to avoid risk. It is recommended to sanitize or wash hands thoroughly prior to the application of masks, prior to the removal of masks, and after disposing the mask into the waste basket provided.
- You will also find hand sanitizer in the treatment room and the bathroom. It is recommended that you sanitize hands again as you leave the clinic following your appointment.
- I will also be following all hand sanitizing procedures.
- Payment by e-transfer is recommended. Cash and Cheque will also be accepted but is strongly discouraged to avoid risk. If you need to pay by cash or cheque please have the exact amount prepared prior to your visit. There will be no change given at this time. Prices for services can be found on the website. Please make sure to include GST to the total amount.
- Receipts will be emailed to you following your treatment, there will be no printed receipts at this time unless otherwise arranged.
- All linens are single use, including the top fleece blanket. They are laundered in soapy water after each use.
- All pillows are antibacterial steri-pillows that can be wiped down and disinfected between each client.
- The heating pad used in treatments has a cover which performs as hygienic barrier that can be wiped down, disinfected, and washed.
- Wiping down of common surfaces will occur more frequently and between each patient. Any items that cannot be wiped down or sterilized have been removed from the clinic and treatment room.
- The cleaning products that are being used have been recommended by the BC centre for disease control to help prevent the spread of illness including COVID-19.
- There will no longer be a water cooler in the hallway. If you would like to have water to drink at your appointment, please bring your own water bottle.
***This safety protocol has been created by One Body Therapeutic Massage based on the criteria suggested by the CMTBC (governing body of RMT’s in BC), WorkSafe BC, and the Provincial Health Officer. These protocols have been put in place to keep you, me, and our community safe and healthy. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Thank-you for your attention and commitment to this matter!***